• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised A few complaints about the remastered version.

Bilbo

So, I finally played through the remastered version of REmake on the PS3. I intend to playthrough on PS4 as well, but I don't own one of those yet so it will have to wait. Anyway, I gotta say for the most part the game looks BEAUTIFUL. However, there were a handful of rooms and textures that in fact looked worse than the gamecube version. Some rooms i'm talking about are, the aqua ring, the room where you first meet richard, the 2 floor hallway outside of previously mentioned room and a handful of others... The textures i'm speaking of looked very grainy and sometimes stretched out and in turn messed with the lighting of said rooms, which has always been one of the strongest points of the remake and its atmosphere.

ALSO, they changed a few of the music tracks! The ones i'm specifically speaking of are the track that plays when you first enter the guardhouse and the one that plays called "sombre interlude" when you return to the mansion with the helmet key as well as the two underground lab tracks. The songs are still the same compositionally, but the tempo is sped up which in turn changes the tone of the synths and it sounds SO MUCH WORSE. there are a few other tracks that have the same issue but i cant remember which ones. Sounds more similar to the PS versions music. I have NO IDEA why they tampered with the tempos. the music in these areas doesnt sound foreboding and eerie anymore, it sounds goofy and again throws off the atmosphere. These are minor, but important things that really change the experience of such a masterful resident evil game.

And regarding the textures. Maybe they look better on PS4 and PC? I HOPE SO! As for now, if I want to play this game, I'll play it on GC. Ain't nothing wrong with that version.

Just thought I'd share :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom