• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Umbrella Chronicles A Bit Of Irony

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Does anybody else find it ironic that the disk that had nearly ALL of Umbrella's vital data was called the UMF-013...013 is Wesker's number in the Wesker Project, however he never knew about the Wesker Project even after stealing UMF-013 in Umbrella Chronicles, because that was the ONE thing not on the disk...

bruno

Chief Researcher
I don't think the Wesker project was actually carried out by Umbrella. It was more like a side project from Spencer. He was using Umbrella's resources in the project, but it wasn't a part of Umbrella's operations. It was so secret that probably only Spencer and the involved researchers knew about it - and thus it wasn't recorder in the disk, which contained only Umbrella's research.
About the U.M.F.-013, I think it was just a coincidence... Or they were inspired by the computer's name when they wrote the Project W. Report file.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I don't think the Wesker project was actually carried out by Umbrella. It was more like a side project from Spencer. He was using Umbrella's resources in the project, but it wasn't a part of Umbrella's operations. It was so secret that probably only Spencer and the involved researchers knew about it - and thus it wasn't recorder in the disk, which contained only Umbrella's research.
About the U.M.F.-013, I think it was just a coincidence... Or they were inspired by the computer's name when they wrote the Project W. Report file.
But wasn't Sergie Vladmir Spencer's right hand man? So wouldn't he know about Project W...And he's the one who copied the info to the disk...I could be wrong of course...

bruno

Chief Researcher
But wasn't Sergie Vladmir Spencer's right hand man? So wouldn't he know about Project W...And he's the one who copied the info to the disk...I could be wrong of course...
They were good friends, and maybe Sergei knew about it. However, Sergei just retrieve the UMF-013, I think the backup was automatic (i mean, all of Umbrella's data was backed up in the supercomputer periodically) and he didn't neet to copy any info. After all, it was an emergency device, so they couldn't risk having no time to copy informations, etc. Even though he copied the information himself, being a secret project, he wouldn't copy that into the computer.

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Uh...I really don't :oops:

i·ro·ny
n. pl. i·ro·nies
a. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
b. An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
c. A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Uh...I really don't :oops:
You being an Admin to a website forum dedicated to effectively making conversation and a community based environment for poeple of like minded people and being an advocate of such....posting something 'pointless' :D

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
They were good friends, and maybe Sergei knew about it. However, Sergei just retrieve the UMF-013, I think the backup was automatic (i mean, all of Umbrella's data was backed up in the supercomputer periodically) and he didn't neet to copy any info. After all, it was an emergency device, so they couldn't risk having no time to copy informations, etc. Even though he copied the information himself, being a secret project, he wouldn't copy that into the computer.
Ok, I see now...That does make sense..Thanks lol...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I dont really like how the chronicles games have retconned a few of the cannon events.
Just to give you a synopsis of what happened that way you can be up to speed for the new cannon stories they added on...They actually did a really good job of it all things considered...And the new stories are great...I'll admit that they screwed up RE3 pretty bad...But it made Carlos cooler lol...

It's cool to not like them lol...I'm not sayin you have to if that's how it's coming out...Just don't want people getting the wrong impression of the games...

Prohaps it was an easter egg Ken. After all RE5 was in production during this game's release wasn't it? BTW, I had a few paraniod discoveries about Wesker's birth number. :D

Resident Evil 5 came out in 2009 013 years after the first RE came out. RE5 was canon game number 013

RE1
RE2
RE3
RE Survivor
RE Code Veronica
REmake
RE0
Dead Aim
Out Break
File 2
RE4
Deadly Silence
Umbrella Chronicles
Yes, that's actually 14 but combine Remake and the original RE1 since it's basically the same game with additions and retcons.

Wesker/013 also died in canon game 013. There were a few more, but I honestly and unfortunately can't remember them. I feel like one of those people that obsess over the "illuminati" and find things that probably arn't even really there or were not done on purpose. XD *Sniffle* I have no life! Lol, nah, it's probably just coincidence because I personally think the whole Wesker children thing is new. :p

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Prohaps it was an easter egg Ken. After all RE5 was in production during this game's release wasn't it? BTW, I had a few paraniod discoveries about Wesker's birth number. :D

Resident Evil 5 came out in 2009 013 years after the first RE came out. RE5 was canon game number 013

RE1
RE2
RE3
RE Survivor
RE Code Veronica
REmake
RE0
Dead Aim
Out Break
File 2
RE4
Deadly Silence
Umbrella Chronicles
Yes, that's actually 14 but combine Remake and the original RE1 since it's basically the same game with additions and retcons.

Wesker/013 also died in canon game 013. There were a few more, but I honestly and unfortunately can't remember them. I feel like one of those people that obsess over the "illuminati" and find things that probably arn't even really there or were not done on purpose. XD *Sniffle* I have no life! Lol, nah, it's probably just coincidence because I personally think the whole Wesker children thing is new. :p
Funny you should mention that. The Illuminati have an obsession with the number "13", I think. It's an important number to them.

Funny you should mention that. The Illuminati have an obsession with the number "13", I think. It's an important number to them.
^ Oh yeah! Thats one of the things I forgot. The number 013 is suppose to be a bad number. :D

Silverback

Moving Mountains
^ Oh yeah! Thats one of the things I forgot. The number 013 is suppose to be a bad number. :D
I have no idea what the number means. It might be worth checking a Numerology site or something. If I wasn't a lazy git, I'd check myself.

I have no idea what the number means. It might be worth checking a Numerology site or something. If I wasn't a lazy git, I'd check myself.
All I know is that it's a number that makes people nervous. It's suppose to be bad luck or something. I recall being in hotels where they skip the 13th floor. It feels so creepy because you can feel it hit every floor but that one it's just this big empty gap.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
All I know is that it's a number that makes people nervous. It's suppose to be bad luck or something. I recall being in hotels where they skip the 13th floor. It feels so creepy because you can feel it hit every floor but that one it's just this big empty gap.
13 means death...There are several numbers that are symbolism for death...
7, 13, 40, 666(In a way)...All of these mean death and superstitious people tend to avoid them...

7, 13, 40, 666(In a way)...All of these mean death and superstitious people tend to avoid them...
7 As well? Heh, that's good luck over here. That's just goes to show that it is superstition. :D I've never heard of 40 either. 3 and/or 4 I think in Japan.

Silverback

Moving Mountains
666 represents the Beast, not death. The number is representative of Satan.

Also, 777 represents the number of the sacred works of God, 888 is representative of the Christ and 999, representative of God.

It's all interesting stuff.

Top Bottom